- ALWAYS ensure that your baby can breathe and is secure! Check frequently while wearing your child, especially a young infant- babywearing is one of the safest things you can do for your child, as long as the carrier is being used correctly and the wearer is paying attention.
- To ensure a happy babywearing experience, make sure your child is clean, well fed, and well rested when trying out new carriers or carries.
- Practice Practice Practice! Make yourself comfortable with the carrier or the carry- try new carries over the bed or over the couch, and check yourself in the mirror! Your child will pick up on your nerves and respond to them. If you are nervous, baby will be too!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help! There are many resources available to help make babywearing a wonderful and lasting experience for both wearer and child!
- Always check your carriers before using- look for rips, tears, holes, or inconsistencies in fabric, and always check buckles for wear before using.
For more information, visit:
- TheBabywearer.com the premier online forum for babywearing, meet friends, discuss babywearing, read carrier reviews, and buy/sell/trade carriers.
- Babywearing Resources from BWI: A list of recommended videos and resources from Babywearing International
- Babywearing Love and Support a Facebook group dedicated to promoting and supporting babywearing and babywearers. There are dozens of other specialized Facebook groups as well!