- Consider becoming a Volunteer Babywearing Educator! Without our VBEs our group wouldn't exist--they staff meetings and events, help moderate our facebook group, and plan events and fundraisers. VBEs commit to at least one meeting quarterly (more is great too!) and participating in our online planning group. In order to become a VBE you must fill out an application and complete an assessment to demonstrate an understanding babywearing safety and proficiency in front, hip, and back carries in the major carrier types. But don't worry if that sounds intimidating, we are here to help enthusiastic candidates succeed so if you're interested talk to one of us at a meeting!
- Help us with Volunteer Tasks! Not ready to become an educator? We can still use your help. We need volunteers to help blog about meetings and events, assist with social media, assist with administrative tasks at meetings, and help with fundraising. We can find something for anyone to do so if you're interested in helping drop us a line!
- Staff an Outreach Event! We occasionally are asked to attend community events to promote babywearing. We can always use extra enthusiastic folks for these events. Let us know you're interested and we'll let you know when we have an opportunity.
- Host a Playdate! We love group activities but between staffing our three monthly meetings and planning big events sometimes our leaders don't have time to plan less formal activities too. That's where you come in! Invite your fellow babywearers to the park or a public event and make new friends in the process.
- Distribute Cards and Invite Your Friends! Help us spread the word about BWI and about babywearing in general by making sure that your friends know that we exist. Grab some cards at meetings and leave them at your pediatrician's office, OB/Midwife, the local coffee shop, daycare, playgroups, wherever there are other parents and babies! Make sure your pregnant friends know about our 101 classes and meetings. Share our upcoming events on your facebook page and invite your friends! We can only grow with your help.
- Become a Member! Membership income helps our group grow. Membership is $30/year and $20 of that stays locally to grow the lending library and support outreach activities while the other $10 goes to BWI National which supports us with VBE insurance, carrier donations, outreach materials, and more. We love our members and we hope they love us too. In addition to the warm fuzzy feelings that come from supporting our non-profit, educational mission members also are allowed to check out carriers from our lending library and get other occasional special members-only perks throughout the year.
Thank you to everyone who helps keep our group running. We couldn't do it without you!